[Insight-users] tissue deformation simulation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Dec 24 09:09:32 EST 2009

Hi Fuzengliang,

The FEM classes in ITK are mostly used for supporting
the Deformable Registration methods.

It is possible in principle, to use them for computing
standard FEM problems, such as deformation of elastic
materials, but, as you pointed out, there is not much
documentation or examples on how to do so.

You may find useful, however, to look at the tests of
the classes in the directory:

        Insight/Testing/Code/Numerics/FEM