[Insight-users] Reading in Netcdf data

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Dec 21 19:46:48 EST 2009

Hi C.S.N,

                     Welcome to ITK !

Your observation is correct.

We don't have in ITK a reader for Netcdf,

however, we have support for MINC2,
and they use Netcdf as one of their libraries....

which makes me wonder if you could use
the MINC2 reader to bring your data into ITK.

You may want to give it a try at enabling
the CMake variable:

                 ITK_USE_MINC2

when you configure ITK.

For more information, you may want to look
at the following paper in the Insight Journal:

http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/64

I believe VTK and Paraview have support for
Netcdf files. You may want to consider using them
as a bridge for reading Netcdf in, and writing out
any of the file formats that both VTK and ITK
supports (for example   .mha or .vtk).