[Insight-users] Registration example in ITK User guide

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Dec 3 21:24:34 EST 2009

Hi Xi,

If the purpose of the visualization is to verify the quality of the
registration,
you simply need to use

A) the VV application from the Creatis group:
    http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/rio/vv

or

B)  Slicer (http://www.slicer.org)

They are both based on ITK and VTK, and have built-in method for
performing visualization of registered images.

You will find VV described in the following paper in the Insight Journal:
http://www.midasjournal.org/browse/publication/617

Of course, you can also use ParaView directly.

Note that ITK can write images in .VTK format,
and they can in turn be read in ParaView (and Slicer and VV)
directly.

Note also that your current .mha or .mhd image can also
be directly loaded in ParaView, and Slicer, and VV.

In summary:  You can simply download any of those
three applications and open your current output files
without having to do any further processing on them.