[Insight-users] 4-Connectivity of itkMesh (load a PTX file)?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Aug 15 21:45:03 EDT 2009

Hi David,

A) The method for getting all the neighbors of a node in the QuadEdgeMesh
is:

    for( unsigned int pointId = 0; pointId < numberOfPoints; pointId++ )
      {
      const OutputPixelType & centralPixelValue = pointData->GetElement(
pointId );

      const EdgeType * edgeToFirstNeighborPoint = outputMesh->FindEdge(
pointId );
      const EdgeType * edgeToNeighborPoint = edgeToFirstNeighborPoint;

      do
        {
        const OutputPointIdentifier neighborPointId =
edgeToNeighborPoint->GetDestination();
        const OutputPixelType & neighborPixelValue = pointData->GetElement(
neighborPointId );

        edgeToNeighborPoint = edgeToNeighborPoint->GetOnext();

        //   Do your processing here...
        }
      while( edgeToNeighborPoint != edgeToFirstNeighborPoint );

      }

B)  Notice that the itkQuadEdgeMesh is designed to represent
      a 2D manifold embedded in a 3D space.  I presume that
      this is suitable for LiDAR data.... but just in case, it is good
      to point it out.

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 3:50 PM, David Doria
<daviddoria+itk at gmail.com<daviddoria%2Bitk at gmail.com>