[Insight-users] From a binary image over vtk to blender

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de lynx.abraxas at freenet.de
Sun Aug 2 04:29:52 EDT 2009

Hello!

How can I get a nice render from blender of my watershed labeled 3D blobs?
I found a python script that allows to import VTK poly data
(VTKBlender.PolyDataMapperToBlender() at http://www.ualberta.ca/CNS/RESEARCH/Vis/VTKBlender/)
and  I found itk::BinaryMask3DMeshSource which seems to create a surface for a
label. So I could iterate over all labels and create a mesh for each blob.
Now I'm stuck on how to get these itk-meshes over vtk to blender?
I couldn't find any examples in the itk or vtk  docs.  Has  anyone  done  this
before?

Thanks for any help or hints
Lynx