[Insight-users] Accessing pixels value

Fran Serrano sercha at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 18:33:46 EST 2008

Dear all,

I'm starting in ITK and I've the following problem:
I don't know how can I access to the pixels of an image. The
example:"Examples/DataRepresentation/Image/Image3.cxx" implements how to
create a new image and how to change values  of the image but I want to
change values of a read image. Do I have to create a region and then
allocated the data as I do in the following code? If this is the way, how
can I assingn the read data to the region?

  * // Inizialize
   const unsigned int Dimension = 2;
   typedef itk::Image< unsigned char, Dimension > ImageType;

   // Create image object
  ImageType::Pointer image = ImageType::New();

  // Create image region
  ImageType::IndexType start;
  ImageType::SizeType  size;

  size[0]  = 200;  // size of the read image along X
  size[1]  = 200;  // size of the read image along Y

  start[0] =   0;  // first index on X
  start[1] =   0;  // first index on Y

  ImageType::RegionType region;
  region.SetSize( size );
  region.SetIndex( start );

  // Pixel data is allocated
  image->SetRegions( region );
  image->Allocate();

  // Now, I want to assign the data from "reader->GetOutput()" to the image

Thanks for any suggestion,