[Insight-users] ITK CVS (June 03, 2008) with CMake 2.6 Install Error

Tomáš Kazmar Tomash.Kazmar at seznam.cz
Wed Jun 4 03:27:31 EDT 2008

Hi all,

  I get exactly the same error as Oleksandr. My setup is:
- new computer with windows/mingw
- InsightToolkit-3.6.0.zip
- CMake 2.6

Any ideas how to solve it?

Tomas

# Hi Luis,
#
# I try to rebuild everything once again but this time watching
# all the parameters and flags  I turn on/off.
#
# 1)  When I just start a ccmake script it gives me the option about cmake
# compatibility.
#
# CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY: 2.4
#
# Should I live it as is or change it for 2.6?
#
# 2) Without python enabled,  everything goes just fine.
# It is only python that complains. I have python 2.4 version. Does it matter?
#
# Alex
#
# Luis Ibanez wrote:
# >
# > Hi Alex,
# >
# >
# > Are you running CMake 2.6 on top of a pre-existing
# > binary tree that you had already configured with a
# > previous version of CMake ?
# >
# >
# > If so, the best way to proceed is to destroy your
# > current binay tree and to configure it from scratch
# > by using CMake 2.6.
# >
# >
# > Please let us know if your still observe any problem,
# >
# >
# >    Thanks
# >
# >
# >        Luis
# >
# >
# > ---------------------
# > Oleksandr Dzyubak wrote:
# >> Dear ITKers,
# >>
# >> I just tried to completely rebuild my ITK system using CMake 2.6.
# >> Compiling went fine. However while trying to install ITK, got an
# >> error below.
# >>
# >> Can that error be fixed?
# >>
# >> Alex
# >>
# >> ************* Begin Error log *********
# >>
# >> CMake Error at Wrapping/CSwig/pythonfiles_install.cmake:10 (FILE):
# >>  file INSTALL called with old-style COMPONENTS argument.  This script
# >> was
# >>  generated with an older version of CMake.  Re-run this cmake version on
# >>  your build tree.
# >> Call Stack (most recent call first):
# >>  Wrapping/CSwig/cmake_install.cmake:80 (INCLUDE)
# >>  Wrapping/cmake_install.cmake:37 (INCLUDE)
# >>  cmake_install.cmake:52 (INCLUDE)
# >>
# >>
# >> make: *** [install] Error 1