[Insight-users] Mean of transformation parameters

Eve evelyn_heyes at homeworking.org
Mon Jan 21 05:15:30 EST 2008

Hi Users,

Given N sets of transformation parameters, can we guarantee that any one set
would not deviate much from the mean set? Say, if one obtains N registration
results based on stochastic optimization, how can one report the average
result? Further, if an affine transform is used, how can we compute the mean
parameters? Is it true that we simply compute the mean, as long as the
center of rotation is fixed in N registrations? What if the center of
rotations are different in each case?

Thanks,
Eve