[Insight-users] Luis , I have a question for the example in GeodesicLevelSetShapePriorImageFilter.

xiaolong li leo.bioengineer at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 00:14:28 EST 2008

hi, Luis and itk users

    i have a question about the example of
GeodesicLevelSetShapePriorImageFilter.

    For the example of 9.3.7 of Itk user guid 2.4. i modified the
orignal brain image (copy the area containning the Corpus callosum
and past to some other place -- lower right corner), then i change the 3
seed points to new position, when compile and run the test,  i only got 3
bright dot for the result, can someone explain why ?

    I compiled the orginal example and it works, and i didn't change
anything except the input image and seed position.

    I'm doing this because when i trying to build my own applications, the
shape model seems never move to my interest area.

     it starts and always stay on the lower right corner of image (
according to the result
of GeodesicActiveContourShapePriorImageFilterOutput5.png
GeodesicActiveContourShapePriorImageFilterOutput6.png, but
GeodesicActiveContourShapePriorImageFilterOutput4.png seems ok)  so the
result is black image.

     If some object happens to be there (lower right corner ), it will give
the results , seems doing shape fitting but i know i must be wrong
somewhere........

    Thanks for any advice and help!

Leo