[Insight-users] How to retrieve the x, y, and z coordinates of points in a cell?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Dec 4 14:26:27 EST 2008

Hi hubaoping

This is explained in the ITK Software Guide,
in the Data Representation chapter.

Please do the following:

A) visit all the cells of the mesh as illustrated in the example:

          Insight/Examples/DataRepresentation/Mesh/Mesh1.cxx

B) Inside the loop, get the point Ids from every cell, by using
    the methods:

                  cell.PointIdsBegin()
                  cell.PointIdsEnd()

C) Use the point Id that you get in order to recover the coordinates
    of the actual point, by querying that point in the PointsContainer.

    This is done with code such as:

      PointType point =  mesh->GetPoints()->GetElement( pointId );