[Insight-users] applying previously saved transform to images

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Dec 2 16:11:11 EST 2008

Hi Andre,

What you are observing is perfectly normal,

and ... actually you are asking for it.

It is valid to resample the moving image by using an
spacing that is different from the Fixed image.

There is nothing wrong with that...

However,
you can't ask then for the resulting resampled image
to still fit the fixed image that you have, at least
not at the image grid level.

In practice what you have is not an image registration
problem, but an image visualization problem.

you are probably using a poor visualization tool that
does not take into account properly the spacing of the
fixed image and the resampled moving image.

Please give it a try to Slicer (www.slicer.org), this
is probably the only application out there that will
properly display two images of different spacing.

Under slicer, the Fixed image and the Resampled moving
image should appear overlapping correctly, (if the
registration actually succeeded...).