[Insight-users] Build ITK and VTK in one step

Yves Martelli ymartelli at cistib.upf.edu
Mon Dec 1 12:38:56 EST 2008

Hi,
I'm building a medical image visualization tool and am using ITK and VTK. I was wondering if it was considered bad practice to try to build both in one step? I use CMake 2.6 to generate Microsoft Visual Studio projects and am having troubles with the BUILD_SHARE_LIBS variable which is defined to false in ITK and to true in VTK. Can I rename this variable in VTK files to have it build shared libs and not ITK or should I build ITK and VTK in two separate steps?
Thanks,
Yves