[Insight-users] Resampling and MutualInformation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Sep 20 20:19:29 EDT 2007

Hi Lars,

Resampling will indeed change the values of Mutual Information,
in particular depending on:

   1) What interpolator you used during the resampling and
   2) Whether you resamples the fixed or moving image, and
   3) How many spatial samples you are using

Note that "higher" is ambiguos here. What exact class are you
using as metric ?  (MattesMutualInformation ? MutualInformation ?
another one ?).  Some of them report the negative of mutual
information.

How much was the change ?

A log of the output produced by the optimizer observer may
be illuminating here....

   Please give us more information,