[Insight-users] Re: lsm reader fails for 2 channels

Dan White white at mpi-cbg.de
Thu Sep 20 12:00:07 EDT 2007

Hi Alexandre,

We have put a lot of effort into the BioImageXD vtkLSMReader
and its a pity if you cant use it...?
Are you sure you cant use it....?
At least you can look at it and discover solutions to the complex
format that is .lsm

Carl Zeiss are usually free with the file format information,
just contact them and they will give you the full specs.

cheers
Dan (BioImageXD)

On Sep 20, 2007, at 4:31 PM, insight-users-request at itk.org wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 20:41:12 -0700
> From: Alexandre GOUAILLARD <hanfei at caltech.edu>
> Subject: Re: [Insight-users] lsm reader fails for 2 channels ?
> To: Daniel Mace <dlm19 at duke.edu>
> Cc: ITK <insight-users at itk.org>
>
> Hi dan,
>
> As far as I know, vtkLSMReader is part of the BioImageXD source
> code, which
> is under GPL. We would like our code to be BSD and thus can not
> integrate
> that file in our repository. We could have a separate tool, but it
> is nt
> really satisfactory.
>
> Please send over the LSM file technical document, I'll evaluate the
> amount
> of work to improve the actual itk LSM reader. Thanks in advance,
> LSM reader
> is a must for us.
>
> Another option would be to have the original author of the
> vtkLSMReader to
> grant me permission to use their file as an inspiration (i.e. To
> provide me
> the file under a BSD-ish licence). Is there any of them on the ITK
> mailing
> list?
>
> It looks like it's a bug of the ITK implementation anyway.
>
> alex

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Senior Microscopist / Image Processing and Analysis
Light Microscopy Facility
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
Pfotenhauerstrasse 108
01307 DRESDEN
Germany

+49 (0)176 61262128 (German Mobile)
+49  (0)351 210 2627 (Work phone at MPI-CBG)
+49 (0)351 3265048 (German Festnetz "landline"  - cheaper)
+49  (0)351 210 1078 (Fax MPI-CBG LMF)
+358 (0) 468102840 (Finnish mobile, only when I'm in Finland)
http://www.bioimagexd.net
http://www.chalkie.org.uk
dan at chalkie.org.uk
( white at mpi-cbg.de )