[Insight-users] Re: radius computation in itkHoughTransform2DCirclesImageFilter

Carlos Santos csantos.incor at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 13:12:37 EDT 2007

Hi Peter and Julien,

Thanks for the responses!

I hacked a version of the filter that uses an additional accumulator
image and DivideImageFilter to calculate the average radius. It is
essentially the same thing that Peter suggested, except his way is
more efficient (it allocates one less image and uses no additional
filter). The hacked version was able to pass the tests. I will mail it
to my co-worker (who is actually processing the images) to see whether
the results are improved.

For the time being I filled a bug report and attached the new filter to it:
http://www.itk.org/Bug/view.php?id=5750
I couldn't assign it to Julien, though (maybe I don't have the
privilege or simply I could not find the way to do it in the web
interface).

Cheers,

Carlos