[Insight-users] Advice on preprocessing before surface rendering

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 20:29:39 EDT 2007

Hi,

There are a number of possibilities that might be worth a try. All of
them could be attempted before or after thresholding (if you are
applying thresholding as part of the rendering process.

1) median filter
2) Morphological opening
3) Morphological opening by attributes, using volume or area attributes.

play with the kernel size parameters for the first to and the lambda
value for the last and see how you go.