[Insight-users] Registering two sturctural studies.

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Oct 10 15:13:48 EDT 2007

Hi Frank,

If you suspect that the readers are not loading the image direction
information correctly, you can use the itkChangeInformationFilter to
"manually" insert the Direction Cosines into the itk::OrientedImage.

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ChangeInformationImageFilter.html

Please look at the methods.

     ChangeDirectionOn();
     SetOutputDirection( directionMatrix );

Again: Since your two images were acquired one after another,
        in the same scanner, and you only change the acquisition
        directtion:

           You *dont* need to perform an image registration.
           only an image resampling.

        and You *dont* need a transform other than the
        IdentityTransform in the ResampleImageFilter.

    UNLESS the subject has moved between the two acquisitions....or
    UNLESS the direction cosines reported by the scanner are bogus.

Note:

   The ImageRegistration8.cxx example *does not* use Euler angles.

   Versor componets *are not* Euler angles. Versors are the equivalent
   of Unit Quaternions.

   For details on the concept of Versors you may want to look at the
   Tutorials:

     http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/QuaternionsI.pdf
     http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/QuaternionsII.pdf