[Insight-users] Itk Command/Observer design

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Oct 8 08:37:10 EDT 2007

Hi "Orientation f"

Please read the Tutorials:

    http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

In particular

"Getting Started III: ITK Architecture"
http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-III.pdf

That will introduce you to the use of ITK Command Observers
(among other things).

You will also find a description of Command Observers in the
ITK Software Guide:

          http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in the "Image Registration" Chapter.

The source code of the Examples of this chapter can be found
in the directory:

         Insight/Examples/Registration

Thirty seven of the fifty seven examples in this directory
use Command observers.

----

Note that for the particular task that you are interested on,
you don't really need an ITK Command Observer, but a VTK
command observer.

For an example on how to grab the position of a point from
the GUI / VTK please look at the following applications:

    InsightApplications/
             CellularSegmentation
                  (ImageSliceViewer.h/InteractorObserver.h))

    InsightApplications/
             LiverTumorSegmentation
                  (ImageSliceViewer.h/InteractorObserver.h))

    InsightApplications/
             DeformableModelSimplexMesh
                  (ImageSliceViewer.h/InteractorObserver.h))