[Insight-users] computing local MI

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Nov 9 16:54:53 EST 2007

Hi Xabier,

One simple way to do this is to first extract the regions from
the two images by using the filter

              RegionOfInterestImageFilter

Then taking the extracted images and passing them to the
MutualInformation metric.

Note that you need a transform for relating both images.

Do your two regions have the same size ? (in number of pixels)
and pixel spacing ?

If so, then you could also use the method illustrated in:

       Insight/Examples/Statistics
           ImageMutualInformation1.cxx