[Insight-users] How to generate a series of meshes with correspondence?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Nov 9 15:48:39 EST 2007

Hi Defeng

You could use the BinaryMask3DMeshSource:
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1BinaryMask3DMeshSource.html

to extract surfaces from the binary segmentations,
and then you could use the iterative closest point
in order to find correspondences between the points
of two different meshes.

You may want to look at the example:

IterativeClosestPoint1.cxx
IterativeClosestPoint2.cxx
IterativeClosestPoint3.cxx

in the directory:   Insight/Examples/Patented

Note that, as far as we know, the patent on the ICP method
expired, and therefore you are allowed to use this method
without having to license it from General Motors.