[Insight-users] error in DiscreteGaussianImageFilter

Ruben Schilling r.b.schilling at googlemail.com
Sun May 27 19:22:41 EDT 2007

Hi all,

if not an error, it is at least completely misleading:

When you try to give an "unsigned int" templated image to the
DiscreteGaussianImageFilter (well, the itk manpages seem to at least
not forbid that) you get an awkward (!) error message saying (on my
OS X system):

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'itk::ExceptionObject'
   what():  /Users/schillin/InsightToolkit-3.2.0/Code/Common/
itkMultiThreader.cxx:368:
itk::ERROR: MultiThreader(0x4020e00): Exception occurred during
SingleMethodExecute
Abort trap

I found out by chance, that using an image templated over the type
"float" produces the desired outcomes. The error message should
clearly be more explicit, simply because it would save a programmer a
great deal of time of error backtracking. I spent my time first
looking for thread errors (which I really use in my program).

Best
Ruben