[Insight-users] Retrieving coordinates from BinaryMask3DMeshSource mesh

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat May 19 17:50:20 EDT 2007

Hi Catherine,

Is is trivial to obtain the Mesh point coordinates.

      MeshType::ConstPointer mesh = filter->GetOutput();
      typedef MeshType::PointscContainer PointsContainer;
      PointsContainer::ConstPointer points = mesh->GetPoinst();

      typedef PointsContainer::PointsConstIterator PointsConstIterator;

      PointsConstIterator itr = points->Begin();
      PointsConstIterator end = points->End();

      while( itr != end )
        {
        PointType point = itr.Value();
        double x = point[0];
        double y = point[1];
        double z = point[2];
        ++itr;
        }

These points *ARE* the point in the mesh.

That is,
These are the vertices of the faces in the Mesh.