[Insight-users] error in build Insighttoolkit-3.2.0 with Cmake-2.4.6

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Mar 31 11:20:12 EST 2007

Hi Knoppix:

1) ITK 3.2 must be configured with CMake 2.4.6.

2) If you have not used your compiler for building
    any project before, it is very likely that your
    compiler is not configured correctly.

    Please build other simple projects before you
    attempt to build ITK. Judging from the errors
    messages of your first post I would suggest that
    you start by testing a HellowWord type of example.

3) When you say that you tried ITK 3.2 with CMake 2.2.3
    with no error message..., I would think that you did
    something wrong in that test, because ITK 3.2 *requires*
    a CMake 2.4. This is forced in the second line of the
    top CMakeLists.txt file of ITK. In other words, there
    is no way you could have configured ITK 3.2 with
    CMake 2.2.3, without getting any error messages.