[Insight-users] Memory leaks after reading dicom series

Massimo Esposito mass.esposito at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 04:21:11 EST 2007

Hi,
i posted some messages a few days ago. I read dicom series and have memory
leaks when i close my application. But it happens only with some series,
that is  sometimes, after having opened some dicom series, i can close my
application correctly, sometimes memory leaks are generated (i noted to have
problems with file witout extensions, but maybe it is casual).
If i try to use itk::DicomImageIO2 instead of itk::GDCMImageIO  no memory
leaks are generated in any cases, but using itk::DicomImageIO2 i can't read
all the header dicom's tags.
Instead, using  itk::GDCMImageIO, i do it. Moreover,  if i call the
updateoutputinformation member instead of update one of the reader,  the
number of memory leaks is lower but still present. So i think there are some
problems about reading the dicom header. My code worked fine with itk 2.4!!
Can somone help me?
Thanks a lot,
Max