[Insight-users] calculating a surface interal

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Wed Mar 7 09:41:54 EST 2007

Hi Arne,

The surface integral is the same as the surface area if the scalars on your
surface are constant.

So you would use vtkContourFilter to generate an isosurface of  your
distance map at an isovalue of 0 and then use vtkMassProperties to calculate
the surface area of the resulting polydata. That should give you a discrete
approximation.

--
karthik