[Insight-users] Dicom read-write

Rashindra Manniesing r.manniesing at erasmusmc.nl
Mon Jun 4 10:04:57 EDT 2007

HI Mathieu,

Thank you for your response.

Actually I wanted to write a simple (2D) dicom anonymizer, leaving all
non-private tags intact.  I think that explicitly changing the value of
an entry should not affect the values of other entries as a side effect.

Rashindra.

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Rashindra,
>
> Thanks for describing your issue in details. Unfortunately you are
> not telling us why you are trying so hard to keep the DICOM meta data
> intact.
>  itk::GDCMImageIO will write a valid DICOM file, from your
> itk::Image. I have been adding some functionalities to create somewhat
> invalid DICOM file (when using KeepOriginalUIDOn). Those functions
> should only be used if you really know what you are doing.
>
>  We could help you, if you would tell us what you were trying to do.
>
> Thanks,
> -Mathieu
>
> On 6/2/07, Rashindra Manniesing <r.manniesing at erasmusmc.nl> wrote:
>>
>> HI,
>>

>> I have a question concerning  'DicomImageReadChangeHeadeWrite.cxx' (ITK
>> 3.2, Example/IO directory).
>>
>> The program reads a dicom slice, change header information and writes a
>> dicom slice. I have commented out the code responsible for changing
>> header information, thus the header in/out should be exactly the same
>> (should it?). This is not the case.
>>
>> Is that a bug or feature? And how to resolve this? Using the member
>> function KeepOriginalUIDOn() of GDCMImageIO preserves some of the header
>> information, but still other entries are changed, including eg
>>
>> (0002|0000) Group Length
>> (0002|0003) Media Storage SOP Instance UID
>> (0028|0101) Bits Stored = 12
>>
>> and many others. How to prevent this from happening?
>>
>> Rashindra Manniesing

  Rashindra Manniesing, PhD
  Biomedical Imaging Group Rotterdam (BIGR)
  Erasmus MC - University Medical Center Rotterdam
  Departments of Medical Informatics and Radiology

  phone  +31 10 40 88001
  fax    +31 10 40 87050
  email  r.manniesing at erasmusmc.nl

  room   Ee2342
  postal P.O. Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam
  visit  Dr. Molewaterplein 40/50, 3015 GE Rotterdam