[Insight-users] Setting fixed image

tony hakki tony2007vtk at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 16:16:22 EST 2007

Thank you for your fast reply. I tried your suggestions .Unfortunately I could't accomplish it :( First Suggestions seems really good. But error is strange. What might the reason do you think? Sorry for my inconvenience again:(
When I try  like that :

typedef PointSetType::PointsContainer PointsContainer;
PointsContainer::Pointer pointsContainer = PointsContainer::New();
pointsContainer = mesh->GetPoints();
 itk::PointSet<float, 3>::Pointer pointSet = itk::PointSet<float,3>::New();
pointSet->SetPoints(pointsContainer);

registrationMethod->SetFixedPointSet(pointSet);
It gives that error:
:\documents and settings\aydemir\desktop\itktovtk\teste.cpp(234) : error C2679: binary '=' : no operator found which takes a right-hand operand of type 'itk::VectorContainer<TElementIdentifier,TElement> *' (or there is no acceptable conversion)
1> with
1> [
1> TElementIdentifier=itk::DefaultStaticMeshTraits<vtkFloatingPointType,3,2,vtkFloatingPointType,vtkFloatingPointType>::PointIdentifier,
1> TElement=itk::Point<double,3>
1> ]
1> c:\programme\itk\itk-src-windows\code\common\itksmartpointer.h(113): could be 'itk::SmartPointer<TObjectType> &itk::SmartPointer<TObjectType>::operator =(const itk::SmartPointer<TObjectType> &)'
1> with
1> [
1> TObjectType=itk::VectorContainer<itk::DefaultStaticMeshTraits<PixelType,3,3>::PointIdentifier,itk::Point<float,3>>
1> ]
1> c:\programme\itk\itk-src-windows\code\common\itksmartpointer.h(117): or 'itk::SmartPointer<TObjectType> &itk::SmartPointer<TObjectType>::operator =(itk::VectorContainer<TElementIdentifier,TElement> *)'
1> with
1> [
1> TObjectType=itk::VectorContainer<itk::DefaultStaticMeshTraits<PixelType,3,3>::PointIdentifier,itk::Point<float,3>>,
1> TElementIdentifier=itk::DefaultStaticMeshTraits<PixelType,3,3>::PointIdentifier,
1> TElement=itk::Point<float,3>
1> ]
1> while trying to match the argument list '(itk::SmartPointer<TObjectType>, itk::VectorContainer<TElementIdentifier,TElement> *)'
1> with
1> [
1> TObjectType=itk::VectorContainer<itk::DefaultStaticMeshTraits<PixelType,3,3>::PointIdentifier,itk::Point<float,3>>
1> ]
1> and
1> [
1> TElementIdentifier=itk::DefaultStaticMeshTraits<vtkFloatingPointType,3,2,vtkFloatingPointType,vtkFloatingPointType>::PointIdentifier,
1> TElement=itk::Point<double,3>
1> ]
When I try like that
registrationMethod->SetFixedPointSet(mesh->GetPoints())  ;
It gives that error:
c:\documents and settings\aydemir\desktop\itktovtk\teste.cpp(349) : error C2664: 'itk::PointSetToImageRegistrationMethod<TFixedPointSet,TMovingImage>::SetFixedPointSet' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'itk::VectorContainer<TElementIdentifier,TElement> *' to 'const itk::PointSet<TPixelType,VDimension> *'
1> with
1> [
1> TFixedPointSet=FixedPointSetType,
1> TMovingImage=MovingImageType
1> ]
1> and
1> [
1> TElementIdentifier=itk::DefaultStaticMeshTraits<vtkFloatingPointType,3,2,vtkFloatingPointType,vtkFloatingPointType>::PointIdentifier,
1> TElement=itk::Point<double,3>
1> ]
1> and
1> [
1> TPixelType=PixelType,
1> VDimension=3
1> ]
1> Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast

You need to pass the point set from the mesh to the function. This is how I did it a while ago:

PointsContainer::Pointer pointsContainer = PointsContainer::New();
pointsContainer = mesh->GetPoints();

itk::PointSet<float, 3>::Pointer pointSet = itk::PointSet<float,3>::New();
pointSet->SetPoints(pointsContainer);

registrationMethod->SetFixedPointSet(pointSet);

****Note that registrationMethod is templated over itk::PointSet

I don't recall the specifics of the classes involved but you may be able to directly set the points from the mesh, i.e., registrationMethod->SetFixedPointSet(mesh->GetPoints()) if you template the registration class over itk::PointsContainer (if possible).

registrationMethod->SetFixedPointSet(