[Insight-users] Label image using confidence connection without seeds

O'Connor, Aonghus A.OConnor at ucc.ie
Thu Feb 22 10:48:40 EST 2007

Hi all,

Is it possible to automatically segment a noisy image without defining seeds
so that each segment has a different label?

I know there is a filter that labels a binary image:
ConnectedComponentImageFilter.

For example, suppose I have an image filled with gaussian noise of a
specific mean and variance. Within the image are two distinct noisey
elipptical regions of different mean and variance. Without defining seed
points is there a way to uniquely label each region i.e. background: 0,
ellipse1: 1, ellipse2: 2?

Maybe theres a way to binarise all of a noisy image by confidence connection
without defining seeds?

Any help appreciated.

Aonghus.