[Insight-users] Modality LUT transform with gdcmIO

Jesús Spí­nola jspinola at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 07:27:17 EST 2007

> This is fixed in ITK CVS, thus it should be available in the coming
> release.
>
> Thanks again for your bug report,
> -M

That's great!
About the original pixel range of the  xlut_01.dcm test image maybe it's an
errata when I told it had a stored pixel range of 128..255 because I
extracted that info from the "IHE Year 5 Test Plan for Image Displays"
document. The other info is retrieved with the dcmtk library command line
tools ( "dcmdump" to be more exactly ). Which tool do you recommend me to
extract the original stored pixel range?

I also have another question about the Photometric Interpretation. When the
image is of type MONOCHROME1 ( higher values are darker, lower values are
brighter ) does gdcm reverse the data to be MONOCHROME2 when it's loaded to
itk or it does nothing with the Photometric Interpretation?

And I ask again, when a modality lut is present ( tag 0x0028,0x3000 ), does
gdcm apply it to the image?

Thanks again for your help!

$ cvs ci -m"BUG: The computed component type to store actual pixel