[Insight-users] Reading and writing 16bit grayscale images

Sims Richard (RKB) Clinical Scientist Richard.Sims at uhcw.nhs.uk
Tue Feb 20 11:28:40 EST 2007

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for reply.

I have found that I needed to set the ElementByteOrderMSB = True in the
metaimage header - the VHuman data is of big endian format.

Incidentally, regarding the header of the raw data file, I have found out
that one can include the following line in a mha file to omit the first X
bytes of a raw data file:

HeaderSize = X

And therefore I no longer need to load the raw data into ImageJ!

All the best,
Richard.