[Insight-users] Getting coronal and sagital view in itk

frankmiller at jhmi.edu frankmiller at jhmi.edu
Tue Feb 20 11:23:57 EST 2007

Greetings Subbu,

First of all, load the DICOM slices as a 3D image.

I assume that either your volume is axis-aligned or you mean axial,
sagital, and coronal relative to the image. In this case you can use the
itk::ExtractImageFilter to pull out 2D images. Note that the
disadvantage of this is that you lose some spatial and orientation
information but this may not be important.

If your volume has an arbitrary orientation, and you need axial,
sagital, and coronal slices relative to the patient, then you will need
to use itk::ResampleImageFilter.

This should point you in the right direction. Let me know if you need
more clarification.

Good luck,

Frank