[Insight-users] Setting the spacing of images for rigid registration

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Fri Feb 16 13:26:34 EST 2007

Regsitration is done in physical space, So it does take into account the
spacing. (This allows a high resolution image of a patient to be registered
to a low res image).

As a starting point, you might want to simply omit the registration step.
Resample the moving image to the fixed, with an "InitialTransform" and see
how they overlay with each other. Figure out a good "InitialTransform" . And
then start off with trying to register them, with this initial transform. My
guess is that in manually changing the spacing, you're initial transform
(which is in physical space) places you elsewhere.

--
karthik