[Insight-users] Deformable Registration Example 1 (Rick Sims)

Sims Richard (RKB) Clinical Scientist Richard.Sims at uhcw.nhs.uk
Thu Feb 15 10:53:29 EST 2007

Hi all

I'm a newbie to ITK and FYI am using version 3.0.0 with cmake version 2.4.5
on cygwin. I am working through various pieces of code provided with the
toolkit and have arrived safely at deformable registration via FEM. I
attempted to compile the code "DeformableRegistration1.cxx"  only to be
presented with several screens of error messages which appeared to occur
because various classes were instantiated outside the main function (the
typedef commands were placed above int main()). I amended the code to place
them inside the main function and the following error message was displayed
following compilation:

  /usr/rs/examples/2D/deformref/deformreg.cxx: In function 'int main(int,
char**)':

  /usr/rs/examples/2D/deformref/deformreg.cxx:114: error: expected
primary-expression before "template"

  /usr/rs/examples/2D/deformref/deformreg.cxx:114: error: expected ';'
before "template"

line 114 of deformreg.cxx is:

template class typedef
itk::fem::ImageMetricLoadImplementation<ImageLoadType>;

I'm pretty inexperienced in using ITK and indeed C++ and have done a quick
search through some of the archives and couldn't find this problem (but did
find some threads where people had successfully compiled and used the code
but had other issues).

I guess there is an expression which is required before the template class
is initiated but cannot work out what it should be...

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rick.

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and any attachments hereto are confidential and may
contain proprietary information or be legally privileged. This e-mail is for
the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you are not the
intended recipient(s) you must not use, copy, print or rely on this message
or any attachment or disclose the content to any other person. If you have
received this e-mail in error please notify the author by replying to this
e-mail or contact us on info at uhcw.nhs.uk.