[Insight-users] Mattes MI: "Too many samples map outside..."

Minjie Wu minjiewu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 21:50:07 EST 2007

Hi,

I met the same error when using Mattes MI: "Too many samples map outside...".

In my case, I resaved both analyze images (moving image and target
image) using the same the software: ImageJ. Then the error
disappeared.

I think the error might due to the endianness of the input images. One
image is with big endian format, the other one is little endian
format.

You may want to try to resave the images using same software, and see
if this remove the error message.

Good luck,
Minjie

On 2/13/07, Xabier Artaechevarria Artieda <xabiarta at unav.es> wrote:
> I agree, that is odd. In fact, the images are exactly the same size,
> and they have been registered with an affine transform previously.
>

> Karthik Krishnan <karthik.krishnan at kitware.com> ha escrito:
>
> > That's odd.
> >
> > Is the moving image a lot smaller than the fixed image ? Samples are taken
> > from the fixed image. If the moving image is a lot smaller, that could
> > explain their mapping outside the moving image region.
> >
> > -karthik
> >

> > On 2/12/07, Xabier Artaechevarria Artieda <xabiarta at unav.es> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Karthik,
> >> Thanks for your answer.
> >> I just set the maximum number of iterations to 174 and applied the
> >> resulting transform to the moving image. Comparing it to the fixed
> >> image, the overlapped seemed good.
> >> I tried changing the number of spatial samples (from 1/10 to 1/9) and
> >> now the registration is working fine. I must admit I do not really
> >> know why.
> >> Regards,
> >> Xabi
> >>

> >> Karthik Krishnan <karthik.krishnan at kitware.com> ha escrito: