[Insight-users] help with deformable or linear registration of oriented images

Xiao Han elehanx at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 10:28:06 EST 2007

Dear ITK Users,

I am wondering whether anyone has successful experience in applying the
deformable registration codes (such as the Bspline or Demons) to oriented
images (mainly DICOM images with arbitrary directional cosines).

Can I simply replace the itkImage type with itkOrientedImage to initialize
the template class, or is it more complicated than that?

Or  will it be more efficient that I just resample the input images to a
standard orientation?  If so, is there any existing filter for doing this?

Any suggestion is very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

-Xiao