[Insight-users] DICOM Slices : Number of files read

K. Subburaj subburaj at iitb.ac.in
Thu Feb 8 15:42:32 EST 2007

Hi,

Thanks for

//

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
K. Subburaj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to know how to get the "number of slices stacked" while reading
> bunch of DICOM Images (single series number) from a directory.
>
> Can anyone help me to get answer?

Hi SUbbu,

	Are you looking for the number of slices that will be read ? I believe
you can simply count the number of filenames in the output of the
itk::GDCMSeriesFileNames

   typedef itk::GDCMSeriesFileNames                SeriesFileNames;
   SeriesFileNames::Pointer it = SeriesFileNames::New();
   it->SetInputDirectory( argv[1] );
   const ReaderType::FileNamesContainer & filenames =
it->GetInputFileNames();
   unsigned int numberOfFilenames =  filenames.size();
   std::cout << numberOfFilenames << std::endl;

HTH
-Mathieu

 Subburaj Karuppasamy                  | Res.: H-1 /# 219
 Research Scholar                      |       IIT Bombay, Powai
 Prof. B.Ravi's Lab                    |       Mumbai - 400 076
 Dept. of Mechanical Engg.             | Tel.: +91 22 2576 7510 (Lab.)
 Indian Institute of Technology Bombay | Cell: +91 98 6915 2700
 Powai, Mumbai - 400 076, India        | URL : www.me.iitb.ac.in/~subbu