[Insight-users] How to read vti images?

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Thu Feb 8 15:08:12 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 09:04 -0800, Elena Pavlovskaia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to read volume images saved in VolView with the extension vti.

*.vti files are in the VTK XML format. I don't think ITK supports them
yet. (Gosh, it would be nice though.) If you have VTK or ParaView they
can easily be converted to the Old VTK text format with the .vtk
extension, or into meta images. With the VTK to ITK pipeline you can
read them in an ITK + VTK program, but you still need VTK.