[Insight-users] 3D Image to voxel conversion

K. Subburaj subburaj at iitb.ac.in
Wed Feb 7 23:05:51 EST 2007

Hi Luis and All,

Thanks for giving good suggestion on my previous queries. I hav some basic
things which may be out of itk scope, can any one help me to get answer?

1. I want to know that is there any way to convert segmented 3D image
(series of stacked 2D slices) into direct voxel (3d) structure (N*N*M)
like one slice into one layer of structure, using itk, other than going
for vtk mesh.

 (also i read an article that for CT slice data only thresholding is
sufficient  for segmenting data bcaz of boundary (edge) pixels clear
distinction than other pixels, is it so?, if yes, then why these many
segmentation algo? )

2. How can i get anisotrophic inter pixel distance and inter slice
distance for volume conversion from segmented image?. or do i need to get
these values from initial images reading and keep it for conversion?

I am using input files in DICOM format and ITK 3.0.

Thanks / Subbu