[Insight-users] Interpolation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Feb 5 18:45:12 EST 2007

Hi Subbu,

Your email seem to have two independent questions:

    1) How to interpolate binary images

    2) What to do with discontiguous slices.

The answer to question (1) is that you probably want
to use the ResampleImageFilter with the NearestNeighbor
interpolator, to make sure that the output image is
also binary. If you use a linear interpolator then your
output image will have gray levels in the boundaries of
the segmented objects.

The answer to question (2) is that if you don't have
contiguous slices... then we will need more information
on exactly what kind of interpolation you are intending
to do, and how is that by performing a segmentation you
lose the slice continuity.