[Insight-users] Re: about resampler

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Feb 5 18:06:26 EST 2007

Hi Onder,

Yes, you can use the ResampleImageFilter after a PointSetToImage
registration, *as long* as you use to to resample the moving image.

Note that if you have a PointSetToImage registration you *do not*
have a Fixed Image, so it is up to you to find a mechanism for
deciding what image grid to use as the output coordinate system
for the resampled moving image.

You must define:

   1) an origin
   2) a spacing
   3) grid size in pixels

You may find useful to read theh ITK Software Guide

     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

In particular,

    a) Section: 4.1 "Image" in pdf-page 66.
                       look at figure 4.1.

    b) Section 6.9.4: "Resample Image Filter"'
                       in pdf-pages 254-284.

    c) Section 8.1: "Registration Framework"
                     in pdf-pages 346-364.

If what you need to Transform is the PointSet
and not the image, then you should use the
TransformMeshFilter:

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1TransformMeshFilter.html