[Insight-users] extracting a vector from an 3D Image stack

Andre Bongers a.bongers at mediri.com
Mon Feb 5 12:42:31 EST 2007

Hi,

lets say I have a 3D Itk Image  (Dimensions x,y 64x64 and 32 slices) .
Now i would like to extract a vector containing the gray values of all
slices(i.e. 32 float values) for each pixel in the x,y plane. Could
anybody give me a hint how to do that? Probably there are many ways; but
it would be nice if someone could give me a hint of what would be the
best (or most elegant) method to do it.

Is it a good way to define an image region with dimensions 1x1x32 and
iterate this region over the whole image - and then iterate over the
region to retrieve the pixel values? Or is there a better way ?

Thanks very much

Andre