[Insight-users] Re: volume reconstruction ?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Feb 5 09:02:44 EST 2007

Hi Javad,

1) Are you computing the distance map using
    any of the ITK distance map filters ?

    For example:

    a) DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter.html

    b) MaurerDistanceMapImageFilter
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1SignedMaurerDistanceMapImageFilter.html

    If so, these filters also give as output the Voronoi map
    of the initial point to which the distance map has been
    computed, and it will give you the distance vector to the
    closest point.

    Please read the description in the ITK Software Guide:

         http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

    Section 6.8 "Distance Map" , pdf page 248-252.

2) Otherwise, please describe better how you are computing
    your distance map, and what is actually the purpose of
    your computation. From your description it seems that
    you are solving a minimum path walk problem. In which
    case you are probably minimizing an energy functional
    over the domain of possible paths between two points.

    Please give us more details of what you are trying to
    achieve.

3) You will find a contribution of a Graph framework in the
    Insight Journal. These contribution was intended to be
    added to ITK but it is contaminated with a Patent issue
    and it has not been possible to purify it enough to add
    it to the toolkit.