[Insight-users] Missing DLL resolved

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Feb 4 14:16:10 EST 2007

Hi AG.

  It is your choice to create this DLL or not.

If you want to avoid DLLs simply set the CMake
configuration variable:

        BUILD_SHARED_LIBS   to   OFF

when you configure the ITK build.

This is in fact the recommended way of building ITK.
If you see the instructions in the ITK Software Guide:

       http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

and in the Tutorials:

       http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

The only good reason for using DLL is when you are
wrapping ITK for Tcl, Python or Java.

Otherwise they are of very little use, since only
non-templated classes get included in the libraries,
and that group of classes in ITK is really small.