[Insight-users] GradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Feb 4 14:01:03 EST 2007

Hi A.G.

The itkGradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1GradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter.html

derives from the itkAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter:
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1AnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter.html

whose documentation states:

   "Inputs and Outputs

    This is an image-to-image filter. The requirements for data types
    and dimensionality of the input and output are defined by subclasses.
    In general, these filters expect images of real-valued types. This
    means pixel types of floats, doubles, or a user-defined type with
    floating point accuracy and arithmetic operations."

You may want to cast your input image to a type
itk::Image<float,dimension> before passing it to
the GradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter.

You can use the CastImageFilter<> for this purpose.

Note that the GradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter
itself must also be instantiated over image types
whose pixel type is float or double.

---------