[Insight-users] Gaussian filtering of tensor image

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Feb 4 12:35:38 EST 2007

Hi Won,

You need to create a NumericTraits file for the
DiffustionTensorPixel type and define for it
the "RealType".

For examples on how to define NumericTraits for
particular types please look at the file in

     Insight/Code/Common

itkNumericTraits.cxx
itkNumericTraits.h
itkNumericTraitsCovariantVectorPixel.cxx
itkNumericTraitsCovariantVectorPixel.h
itkNumericTraitsRGBPixel.cxx
itkNumericTraitsRGBPixel.h
itkNumericTraitsTensorPixel.cxx
itkNumericTraitsTensorPixel.h
itkNumericTraitsVariableLengthVectorPixel.cxx
itkNumericTraitsVariableLengthVectorPixel.h
itkNumericTraitsVectorPixel.cxx
itkNumericTraitsVectorPixel.h

Note that if you do, the gaussian filtering will be
applied *independently* to each one of the Tensor
components and therefore you may lose some of the
Tensor properties during the smoothing process.