[Insight-users] How to apply a filter to EVERY slice of an image?

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Thu Feb 1 17:09:13 EST 2007

No this is not possible in ITK. Filters in ITK are designed to treat N
dimensional images as N dimensional images, and not as series of N-1
dimensional images.

You might want to either revisit your algorithm to see if what you're doing
is really appropriate and if so, use the ExtractImageFilter to create a
series of N-1 dimensional images, filter each image and use the
JoinImageFilter to compose them back.

You could write a composite ITK filter that hides these complexities away
within itself too.

HTH
--
karthik