[Insight-users] how to convert mha or mhd format to bmp format

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Dec 25 20:06:14 EST 2007

Hi Luzhentai,

0) Are you dealing with 3D images ?
    or with 2D images ?

1) To see a .mha or .mhd image you can use:

     a) Slicer        http://www.slicer.org
     b) ParaView      http://www.paraview.org
     c) ImageViewer   InsightApplications/ImageViewer

2) To convert .mha or .mhd to other formats,
    you can simply use the example:

      Insight/Examples/IO/ImageReadWrite.cxx

3) Please read the Tutorials

     http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

     in particular the session "Getting Started I":

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-I.pdf

4) and read the ITK Software Guide

        http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

    in particular the chapter "Reading and Writing Images".