[Insight-users] OnePlusOneEvolutionaryOptimizer

gabri tartuz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 14:06:23 EST 2007

Hi all,
I need help to figure out how to make this optimizer to work with my
centeredaffinetransform.

The tranform parameters are well intialized with the
CenteredTransformInitializer, infact with
RegularStepGradientDescentOptimzer I've got any error.

  generator->Initialize(123456);
  optimizer->MaximizeOff();

  optimizer->SetNormalVariateGenerator( generator );
  optimizer->Initialize(3.8, 1.01, 1.002490679);
  optimizer->SetEpsilon(0.1);
  optimizer->SetMaximumIteration( maxNumberOfIterations );
  optimizer->SetInitialPosition( transform->GetParameters());

I've setted the growth and shrink factor using the indication written in
Styner's paper.

I ve tried with different value of InitialRadius but the only things
that I got back are segfaults or

ExceptionObject caught !

itk::ExceptionObject (0x8636690)
Location: "typename
itk::MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric<TFixedImage,
TMovingImage>::MeasureType
itk::MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric<TFixedImage,
TMovingImage>::GetValue(const typename
itk::ImageToImageMetric<TFixedImage, TMovingImage>::ParametersType&)
const [with TFixedImage = itk::Image<float, 3u>, TMovingImage =
itk::Image<float, 3u>]"
File:
/home/gabri/lib/InsightToolkit-3.4.0/Code/Algorithms/itkMattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric.txx
Line: 753
MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric(0x8636028): Too many samples
map outside moving image buffer: 10157 / 45131

with the numeber of samples varies between zero and this value.

could someone please help me or simply tells me where to get some more
informations? first of all which is the range for SetEpsilon???????

best reguards,
gabriele