[Insight-users] ITK on Mac OSX 10.5 (Leopard)

Robert Tamburo robert.tamburo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 13:27:06 EST 2007

Hi all,

I made the mistake of upgrading to OSX 10.5 (had to rebuild my entire
system) and am trying to get ITK/VTK/FLTK/InsightApplications up and
running again.  ITK and VTK built flawlessly. FLTK gave me some
headaches (error: libGL.dylib related; solution:http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2007/qa1567.html)
, but I finally got it to built.

InsightApplications (CVS) is a no go. At 30% (DicomImageViewer) I get
the following error:
ld: library not found for -lpng
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [DicomImageViewer/DicomImageViewer] Error 1
make[1]: *** [DicomImageViewer/CMakeFiles/DicomImageViewer.dir/all]
Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have FLTK and VTK enabled. I don't see any CMake options for PNG
libraries. I had the USE_SYSTEM_PNG options turned OFF when building
FLTK and ITK. (CMakeCache.txt file makes email too big)

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Robert