[Insight-users] 4Dvolume format

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Dec 8 19:41:19 EST 2007

Hi Gary,

In this application you can upload data in two different ways:

1) You can use MetaData images that contain 4D data.
    (using the "Load 3D raw data" option in the File menu).

2) You can upload a set of DICOM series each one
    containing a 3D volume corresponding to a
    snapshot in time.
    (usingt the "LoadDicomSeries option in the File menu).

Unfortunately the application is not designed to load a single 4DCT.

Notice however, that depending on how your 4D dataset is stored,
the application may be able to read it.

It pretty much assumes that each snapshot in time is contained
in an independent DICOM series. If that's not the case for your
dataset, you have to options:

    a) Convert your DICOM dataset to a 4D MetaImage

or

    b) Modify the code in order to read your DICOM
       series into a 4D image.